ABOUT CAPE WINELANDS PRIVATE DAY TOUR.
Go on a private Cape Winelands day tour -The Stellenbosch Winelands, only 20 minutes away from the city of Cape Town, these private wine route tours offer superb scenery, completely different to the landscape of the Cape Peninsula. Enjoy a full-day private cape Winelands day tour with explore sideways which will take you on a breathtaking journey around the spectacular the most unique wine tasting experiences in the Cape Wine Route where you will get to take a walk in the wine farms of Cape Winelands, Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl as well as Constantia wine tasting.
This Cape Winelands private day tours in Cape Town is one of our most popular day tours in Cape Town, it will allow you to explore vast estates and spend the day in Paarl, Stellenbosch and Franschhoek as we take you along the Cape Winelands’ principal route. This beautiful guided private tour will take you through magnificent mountain landscapes and rolling vineyards to the heart of the Cape Winelands.
- Visit Old and Modern Wineries
- Stellenbosch Wine Route Tour
- Paarl Wine Route Tour
- Franschhoek Wine Route Tour
- Taste South Africa’s Wine signature (Pinotage)
- South African Champagne Version known as the MCC (Methode Cape Classique)
This full day private Cape Winelands tour delightful drive winds its way to the heart of the Cape Winelands, through superb mountain ranges, vineyards, and Cape Dutch homesteads to allow guests explore and enjoy their cape Winelands private day tour wine route experience.
DEPARTURE & RETURN LOCATION
At hotel or guesthouse in Cape Town (Google Map)
09:00 Pick up at the hotel or guesthouse
- Luxury vehicle with passenger liability cover
- Flexibility of choosing places of your interest
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Blue badge professional guide
- Bottled water & free Wi-Fi onboard
- Private tour & private vehicle
- Entrance fees applicable to the itinerary
- The flexibility of choosing tour starting & finishing time
- Meals and drinks will be to your own account
- Wine tasting fees
- Entrance fees at various places of interest will be for your own account
- In case of non-presentation on the tours, full cancellation fees will apply.
- Tour duration approximately 9 hours
- English tour guide, entrance fees applicable to the itinerary
- Private tours (French, Spanish or German and any other foreign language guides are available on request)
- All our vehicles are insured substantially for passenger liability
- All tours are subject to the minimum number of passengers
- Luggage and personal possessions are carried at your own risk
Cape Winelands, Wine Route Experience
This full-day private Cape Winelands tour delightful drive winds its way to the heart of the Cape Winelands, through superb mountain ranges, vineyards and Cape Dutch homesteads to allow guests explore and enjoy their cape Winelands private day tour wine route experience. Our Cape Winelands depart from Cape Town City and head inland towards the heart of the South Africa wine lands or industry, the world-renowned Cape Winelands, which has come to produce some of South Africa and the world’s finest wines.
Stellenbosch – The Stellenbosch Winelands, only 20 minutes away from the city of Cape Town, offers superb scenery, completely different from the landscape of the Cape Peninsula. Numerous grapes are grown in the region such as Chenin Blanc, Shiraz, Pinotage and the Méthode Cap Classique (local champagne). The town of Stellenbosch is a small but very vibrant town with a very famous university and numerous activities such a wine cellar tours and tastings. You will have the opportunity to purchase wines to bring back home to enjoy the region’s wonderful vintages after your visit.
Franschhoek – Franschhoek (“the French corner”) is an old Huguenot village. With its numerous streets and estates with French names, the town will make you feel completely disoriented, feeling like you were in France in another era. You will be completely enchanted by the town’s charm and its very peaceful environment. You will get the chance to taste the region’s delicacies, cheeses and its best wines. Since the 1st of October, we are very proud to take you on a unique ride on the Franschhoek Tram. Drakenstein Prison – Drakenstein (Victor Verster) is a low-security prison between Paarl and Franschhoek. The prison is famous for being the location where Nelson Mandela spent the last part of his imprisonment for campaigning against apartheid.
Paarl – The town of Paarl offers a great window into Afrikaner culture and tradition. The district is particularly well known for its Pearl Mountain or “Paarl Rock”. This huge granite rock is formed by three rounded outcrops that make up Paarl Mountain and has been compared in majesty to Uluru (formerly known as Ayers Rock) in Australia. You will also be able to visit the town’s vineyards where you will taste the region’s finest wines.